Yet another celebrity hoax death was spreading on Twitter on Wednesday. “RIP Justin Bieber” hit the top trends on Twitter, even though most users appeared to know it was a hoax. There is no merit to the rumor.
Reaction to the odd trend on Twitter was mostly humorous, though some fans didn’t get the joke (see below). This is the second rumor about “the Bieb” recently, as false reports last month of his stabbing outside of a New York night club last month also made its way around the social world.
Below are some select Tweets on the topic:
- RIP Justin Bieber. The haters always try to knock him down and when they do, he gets back up and keep believing. MY HERO.
- RIP Justin Bieber. CNN reports that he died asphyxiated in a closet, because he never came out of it.
- RIP Justin Bieber? Justin supposedly dies like every week LMAO
- RIP Justin Bieber? According to twitter, these celebrities keep dying but they’re alive again a few hours later. They all have horcruxes.
- rip justin bieber he choked on fondue while chillin by the fire
- RIP Justin Bieber? There’s no need to give me a heart attack you guys seriously…