Slim Jeggings by Genie are leggings which looks like jeans. Read our Genie Slim Jeggings reviews from editors and readers.
About Slim Jeggings by Genie
The current Wikipedia definition of “Jeggings” reads: “Jeggings that are legging material made to look like denim with fake pockets and belt loops. Jeggings that are a true cross between denim and legging material. ‘Denim jeggings’ are essentially a denim fabric with the elasticity of a legging.”
Below are screen shots of the official website from December 2014 and April 2015.
Genie Slim Jeggings break the typical “jegging” mold by including functional pockets. There are 4 sizes available from S/M to 3X. S/M fits a pant size of 4 – 8, L/XL fits 10 – 16, 2X fits 18 – 22, and 3X fits 24 – 26.
The product website can be found at genieslimjeggings.com, a domain which was registered in November 2014. A trademark was also filed in November 2014 by Tristar Products, Inc., describing the product as “Jeggings, namely, pants that are partially jeans and partially leggings; Leggings; Pants.”
How much do Slim Jeggings cost?
You can purchase a blue pair of Genie Slim Jeggings for $19.99 plus $9.99 shipping and processing. The current offer is for a blue pair of Slim Jeggings, which will include grey and black for free. This totals $29.98 for the three pair. Online ads have also been running which offer $5 off the product.
The order page for Slim Jeggings also includes an option to get three Cami Shapers in three different sets, for an additional $29.99 and no shipping.
The television commercial below began airing in the final months of 2014. It is also featured on the official website.
Other review sites have flimsy “reviews” of Genie Slim Jeggings which largely rely on reader comments, most of which have merely complained about slow shipping from online orders, and not the merits of the product itself.
We obtained a pair of Slim Jeggings to evaluate and offer the following first-hand observations.
- Appearance. Slim Jeggings do have the appearance of denim “skinny” jeans, even when seen from a close range.
- Fit. One problem we have noticed with other leggings is that of improper fit and bunching up, which we did not find with Slim Jeggings. The only area in which the “jean” illusion was sometimes lost was in the ankle area, where it did occasionally bunch up.
- Comfort. Slim Jeggings feels like leggings, despite its denim appearance. The material is thin, as one would expect with leggings. Because they are thin, they are not as warm as jeans.
- Pockets. Although the pockets are functional, because the material is tight and stretchy, the size of contents in the pocket appears amplified.
- Size. We did not encounter significant sizing problems as some commenters below have reported, but they were perhaps a bit smaller than expected. This appears to be a major issue for some consumers, however.
The chart below shows search interest for the phrase “slim jeggings” in 2014. Interest slowly began rising in Fall 2014, with a sharp increase occurring in December, and a more stable interest in the product occurring into April 2015.
The testers who tried Genie Slim Jeggings for us gave the product generally positive marks. Most of the early negative reviews appear to be influenced by slow shipping and not the merits of the product itself. The most common complaint about the product is that of sizing, which has rendered the product unwearable to some consumers.
Have you tried Slim Jeggings by Genie? Give us your reviews in the comments below.
Updated April 7, 2015
Originally published December 2014