Have you seen advertisements for the OrGreenic frying pan? Today we’ll give our OrGreenic pan review along with additional product info.
About OrGreenic Frying Pan
The OrGreenic frying pan is one of several OrGreenic-branded products that has been advertised in recent years. The OrGreenic Flip Jack Pancake Pan has also been advertised in the past year. The official website is orgreenic.com, which was registered on October 25, 2006 and their Facebook page is Facebook.com/OrgreenicCookware. One of their taglines is, “Go green and get healthy with this new ceramic cookware.” There is no lid for the 8-inch pan.
How much does OrGreenic cost?
The 8-inch OrGreenic pan costs $14.99 plus $7.99 shipping and handling for a total of $22.98. You can get a second 8-inch pan and free ceramic knife for a separate fee of $9.99, bringing your complete total to $32.97. If you order direct, you should expect the shipping to take up to 6 weeks.
You can find OrGreenic pans in stores such as CVS, Walmart, Target, KMart, Sears, and many others. Here in Las Vegas, we spotted a 12-inch pan at Walmart for $29.99, while Bed, Bath, and Beyond had the 8-inch pan for $14.99 and a 10-inch pan for $19.99.
Transcript of television commercial:
Why are you still using these chipping, greasy, disgusting fry pans when you can have the world’s tough frying pan design with durable, slippery ceramic. So food slip, slide, and glide right out. G’day Jason Roberts here with the Original OrGreenic. Look, this chicken’s swimming in fat. Chickens can’t swim! With OrGreenic you can fry, roast, saute, even bake with little or no added fat or grease and no sticking! Come on, we all need to get healthier. Eggs, no problem, they just fly right out. But let’s crank up the heat. This burnt mess is a dishwasher’s nightmare. Not without superior ceramic surface, kitchen disasters wipe right out. Even clean burnt oatmeal with a feather duster, you’ll never scrub again. OrGreenic is designed with aluminum and ceramic to create a high-tech, ultra durable slip-free surface that’s made to last and last. Do you know what PFOA is? I don’t, but I know it’s not good for us. Our non-stick cookware has no harmful PFOA, so everybody start cooking, there’s really nothing like it and we’ll prove it. Accidentally burnt onions comes right out. Plastic fork disaster, not with OrGreenic, candy catastrophe wipes right out. Accept no substitutes, when you can have the original OrGreenic baking ceramic pan for only $14.99. This will put a smile on your face, even if it dulls or damages we’ll replace it. Call or click right this minute and you can double your order. Plus, receive our always-sharp knife that has the same OrGreenic ceramic technology. Chop anything and food slides right off. So durable it crushes metal to dust. Then slice this tomato with ease. Our kangaroo kicking $220 value all for $14.99.
Our OrGreenic Review
Below are the key points we found during our tests of the OrGreenic pan:
- Advertising: It should be noted that most of the advertisements show a larger pan, but the advertised price is that of the smaller 8-inch pan.
- Size: We have seen several sizes in local stores (8-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and the Flip Jack Pancake Pan). Because the 8-inch pan is the product being advertised for $14.99, we decided to test out that size. We purchased it at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $14.99.
- Preparation: Prior to use, the OrGreenic pan must be seasoned by coating it with vegetable oil and heating it up, then allowing it to cool. The include instructions are shown above.
- Non-Stick Surface: As you can see in the video below, the nonstick surface was not as flawless as advertised, with residue left behind after our very first use of the product. The residue, however, cleaned up quite easily with a sponge. First we tested to see if the egg could be easily swirled around on the nonstick surface, which did not happen. We also tested to see if it slid out of the pan easily and without residue. While it did slide out easily, there was residue left behind. It also seems that the nonstick surface degraded faster than expected. After two weeks, we are now finding more residue than in earlier tests.
- Clean-up. The advertisements show the pan being cleaned easily with a sponge. We found this to be accurate.
- Handle: The website states that the “ergonomic handle stays cool to the touch.” While the handle does stay cool for some time, we found that – depending on how long the pan is used – it can get warm. For dishes of shorter cook times (such as frying an egg), the end of the handle stayed sufficiently cool.
Our OrGreenic Video Demonstration
Below is a short video we shot using the 8-inch OrGreenic pan for the first time. Prior to this test, we seasoned it according to the included instructions. While the egg did not slide around easily as shown in the advertising, the pan was easy to clean with a sponge.
We contacted OrGreenic’s customer service to ask them about the problems we had with the surface not performing as expected. We were told to re-season the pan and try again. After re-seasoning the pan, the results were still comparable to those in the video above.
OrGreenic’s 8-inch pan is a slightly below average nonstick pan. Food does stick to the surface, but it cleans rather easily. The pan is not completely without merit, but there are superior options available. We have, for example, an older Paula Deen pan of the same size which – after over a year of use – leaves less residue than the OrGreenic pan did on Day 1. If you wish to try it, buy locally to avoid delays and shipping fees, and will allow you to return it if you are unhappy with the product.
Your OrGreenic Reviews
Have you tried the OrGreenic frying pan? Give us your reviews in the comments below.