Have you seen the commercials for Wraptastic, the wrap dispenser advertised on late night and daytime television? Read our Wraptastic reviews from editors and readers.
The Wraptastic wrap dispenser claims to work with any wrap, which will speed up the wrapping process. It is designed to work with wax paper, plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc.
The official website is buywraptastic.com, which was registered on August 27, 2012.
How much does Wraptastic cost?
- The cost is $10.99 + $6.99 processing & handling, for a total cost of $17.98
- You can get a second one by adding another $6.99, for a total cost of $24.97
- They throw in a roll of plastic wrap and aluminum foil
- Shipping outside of the US will include an extra $10 charge.
There is a 30-day money back guarantee, minus the shipping and processing.
Our Wraptastic Review
We were disappointed in our trial of this product. The most obvious item of note is that it seemed impossible to mimic the commercial where the man gracefully pulled the plastic wrap across the counter while the unit remained firmly in place. In reality, we had to hold the unit down the same way you’d hold any box of plastic wrap. Even more disappointing was that it felt like we had to partially disassemble the Wraptastic every time we wanted to use it. This is because we had to open it up, lift the blade, and pull the wrap out. Every time. Using the Wraptastic seemed more of a chore than just using a roll of standard wrap.
We have seen several complaints in Wraptastic reviews from other users. Below is a compilation of the negative feedback we’ve encountered:
- Cheaply made
- Cheap blade does not cut as smoothly or easily as the commercial makes it look.
- You must open the cover and lift the blade to pull out the wrap. This is not portrayed in the commercial.
- Doesn’t stay in place when you pull the wrap as the commercial shows. This means you must hold it with one hand and pull with the other – making it no easier than using a regular roll of wrap out of the box.
- Slow shipping. The website says to allow 3 to 6 weeks for delivery.
- The “free” plastic wrap they include is of dollar store quality.
- Some larger rolls of wrap don’t fit in the unit.
We do not recommend Wraptastic. It is arguably no better than the box in which your standard aluminum foil or plastic wrap is sold. If you absolutely must try one, look for them in stores at an “As Seen on TV” section at retailers such as Walgreens or Wal-Mart. At least you won’t have to wait 6 weeks to try it.
Your Wraptastic Reviews
Have you used Wraptastic? We want your opinion of it in the comments below.
Here is a Wraptastic TV commercial: