Forskolin has received increasing attention lately as a possible weight loss solution. We asked for reader reviews on the product back in February and now today we’re taking a closer look at some of the known and rumored side effects of forskolin.
Forskolin Side Effects
This article is intended to supplement to our previous article seeking reviews for forskolin back in February. The first list below contains some of the more commonly-known side effects. These are the more serious – and likely – of the possible side effects associated with forskolin.
- When injected: flushing and low blood pressure
- When inhaled: throat irritation, cough, tremor, restlessness.
- As Eye Drops: Stinging
- Bleeding Disorders: Forskolin may increase bleeding for those who have bleeding disorders.
- Heart Problems: Forskolin may interact with treatment for cardiovascular disease. It may significantly lower blood pressure or elevate heart rate.
- Liver toxicity
- Drug interactions: Forskolin can interact with blood thinners and antihypertensives.
- Stomach problems: Forskolin may increase the amount of acid in your stomach, leading to heartburn, indigestion, or nausea.
Additional (Anecdotal) Side Effects
Aside from those side effects reported above, there are anecdotal reports of other side effects, which is presented below. These are not based on scientific study, but from reports of readers who have used it.
- Acid reflux
- Hot flashes
- Unpleasant aftertaste
By far the most common complaint we’ve hears thus far is that forskolin simply has no effect whatsoever. This could be due to some suggestions that it is not water soluble, which means it simply passes through one’s system without having an effect.
It’s worth pointing out that if you take more than the recommended dosage, you will increase the risk of side effects.
You may or may not experience any of the side effects listed above when taking forskolin. Be especially careful when taking this supplement if you have a bleeding disorder, ulcers, a heart condition, or liver problems.
Have you experienced any Forskolin side effects not listed above? Let us hear from you in the comments below.