Rue La La is a “members only” website which offers “private” sales daily on designer merchandise and other items. Read our Rue La La reviews from editors and readers.
About Rue La La
Rue La La is a place to find deals on designer brands and other items. Deals are offered in “boutiques” in a variety of categories, such as Women, Men, Living, Travel, Kids, and Gifts.
This website was first registered in October 2007 and is headquartered in Boston.
Our Rue La La Review
We have placed several orders through Rue La La, and below are a list of some of the pros and cons we encountered through our experiences.
- Price. There are good deals to be found on designer items, sometimes below closeout prices of competing vendors.
- Selection. Most items are available in a variety of colors and styles.
- Social Media Reps. If you have a complaint, your best bet is to do so loudly via social media such as Facebook or Yelp, where Rue La La’s most responsive reps seem to be.
- The Rue 30. This is their shipping policy which states that, “Once you pay the $9.95 shipping charge on this item, get free standard shipping on every order you place for 30 days.” Frequent customers can benefit greatly from this feature.
- Shipping. Not only have shipping times worsened over the past year, but confirmation and tracking are also problematic. This is the biggest complaint regarding Rue La La among those who have used the service here.
- Customer Service. Aside from their rather responsive social media reps, customer service at Rue La La is lacking at best. We had difficulty, for example, simply having a rep find and confirm an order that had not yet arrived.
- Recycled Deals. We have noticed on several occasions that certain items seemed to be “recycled” into other deals, perhaps because they didn’t sell the first time. A few items were seen so often that they lost the feel an “exclusive member” deal.
- Still Want It feature. Although the idea of this feature seems sound on paper – having an out of stock item automatically sent to you if it becomes available again – the reality is not as appealing. You may forget you’ve signed up for this feature, only to realize a month later you’ve just been billed for that shirt you thought you wanted weeks ago.
- Final Sale Items cannot be returned.
- Although many deals at Rue La La are decent, there have been times that we found better deals for the same items elsewhere. It always pays to shop around, even on a such deal site.
- Item conditions vary. On at least one occasion, the item we ordered did not resemble the item that was ordered. This has been a problem for other reviewers as well.
Other Rue La La Reviews
- Readers on Yelp give it 3 out of 5 stars.
- The customer reviews at the BBB give it 2 out of 5 stars.
- Site Jabber readers rate Rue La La at 2.5 stars
The majority of complaints regarding Rue La La are related to slow shipping and poor customer service. Reps on social media seem to do a better job of resolving complaints than those contacted directly through the company.
Be sure to opt out of promotional emails, as Rue La La begins sending about two email a day until you unsubscribe, as you can see in the screenshot below.
There are still bargains to be found at Rue La La, although the company is plagued by slow shipping and unresponsive customer service outside of the public view of social media. If you want to try Rue La La, we recommend avoiding non-returnable final sale items and the Still Want It feature.
Your Rue La La Reviews
Have you used Rue La La? Give us your reviews in the comments below.